Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Tachikoma a Day: Preview

I picked up a case of ten blind boxes of Tachikomas from BigBadToyStore, Inc. over the holidays, and was going to open all of them at once.

Not anymore.

For no good reason whatsoever, I've decided to open a Tachikoma a day, and post it here, to draw the whole process out. And because I can.

In case you're not familiar, Tachikomas are the the cutesy walker / tank vehicles in the Ghost in the Shell anime franchise (manga, films, TV, and video games).

Just under a year ago, I watched the second film , both television series, and the movie based on the TV series (all from Production I.G.). Far and away my favorite sub-plot involved the Tachikomas, their personality, and how they're used as a foil to explore loyalty, evolution, the soul, and sacrifice. So when I was able to get a deal on a case of these, I jumped.

If you hate spoilers, don't look up these little girls. There's a twist about them in the series that's pretty nifty. At least I think it's nifty.

Ten boxes. Ten days. Ten chances to get all six available mecha -- and all of the build-a-figure pieces to build The Ground Self-Defense Force ARM SUIT. Mheh.

Starting tomorrow. Ish.



No comments: